May 1, 2022
The Cross and the Suffering
- Jesus foretells His suffering and
death for the third time.
- Jesus proves that He is the
Suffering Servant in Isaiah’s prophecy.
The Cross and Self-Centered
- The disciples pursued
self-promotion from Jesus.
- The disciples would eventually
suffer for Jesus.
- Jesus would drain the cup of
God’s wrath and be baptized in suffering for sinners.
The Cross and Sacrificial
- Jesus is calling His disciples to
a life of self-denial.
- Jesus redefines greatness in
light of the cross: Greatness = Service.