Dec 4, 2022
Text: Matthew 1:18-25
The Miracle of Jesus’ Birth (Matthew 1:18)
- The nature of the incarnation: Jesus is fully God and fully
- This is central to the Christian faith!
The Crisis of Jesus’ Birth (Matthew 1:19-20)
- Mary’s pregnancy proved to be a test of Joseph’s faith.
The Purpose of Jesus’ Birth (Matthew 1:21-23)
- Jesus’ name declared His mission: “For He will save His people
from their sins.”
- Jesus’ birth was prophecy fulfilled (Isaiah 7:14).
The Response to Jesus’ Birth (Matthew 1:24-25)
- Joseph obeyed the Lord and followed His plan despite what it
would cost him.