Dec 18, 2022
Text: Matthew 2:1-12
The Wise Men Desired to Seek and Worship the
- While we do not know much about the wise men’s identity, we do
know about their intention to know and adore Christ.
- The journey and gifts of the wise men convey theological and
prophetic significance (Psalm 72:10-11; Isaiah 60:3-6).
Herod the King Desired to Seek and Destroy the
- Herod’s response to Christ’s appearance was anxiety and anger.
(See also Matthew 2:13-18).
- Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem was confirmed by prophecy in Micah
APPLICATION: Lessons From the Wise Men (from J.C.
- There may be true worshippers of God in places where we should
not expect to find them.
- There may be knowledge of Scripture in the head, while there is
no grace in the heart.
- The conduct of the wise men is a splendid example of spiritual
- The conduct of the wise men is a striking example of