Jul 10, 2022
Text: Psalm 13
God’s Apparent Absence (13:1-2)
- David’s perspective is that God has abandoned him as he
cries out, “How long?”
- We need to filter our feelings of God’s absence through the
truth of God’s omnipresence.
God’s Apparent Indifference (13:3-4)
- David’s perspective is that God is not at work for His
- We need to filter our feelings of God’s indifference
through the truth of God’s omniscience.
God’s Bountiful Love and Goodness (13:5-6)
- David’s perspective changes as he trusts in God, rejoices
in God, and sings to God.
- We need to allow God’s unfailing love and unchanging
goodness to shape our perspective.